Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

12 December 2011

Its Monday! What are you Reading? From picture books to YA

Its Monday!  What are you reading? From picture books to YA is a new weekly meme inspired by the Its Monday! What are you reading? posts by Sheila @ Book Journeys but adapted by Jennifer and Kellee of Teach Mentor Texts to really focus on children's to YA books. 

Here is a recap of what I've posted this past week:
*A review of Mr. Putter and Tabby Ring the Bell (a Cybils nominee)
*A Seasons Readings review of Once There Was a Christmas Tree
*Top 10 Tuesday post of my Top 10 favorite childhood books
*A Seasons Readings review of Santa Claus is Comin' to Town
*A review of A Green, Green Garden (a Cybils nominee)
*A Seasons Readings review of Santa Cows
*A review of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
*A Seasons Readings Review of Merry Christmas Amelia Bedelia
*YA Scavenger Hunt question
*A Seasons Readings review of The Legend of the Candy Cane
*I cast my Friday Night Mental Movie of Merry Christmas Amelia Bedelia
*This week on pinterest!
*A Seasons Readings review of Pinata in a Pine Tree
*In My Mailbox
*A Seasons Readings review of The Gift of the Magi

This coming week (I don't have much planned out---yipes!  I know what I'm doing tonight when I get home!):
*A Seasons Readings review for every night this week! 
            *Tonights is The Virgin of Guadalupe
            *I'm hoping to have one tomorrow about St. Lucia's Day
             (I don't have one in mind for Wednesday or Thursday yet, or Saturday and Sunday!)
            *Friday, The Night of Las Posadas
*I don't have a Top 10 Tuesday written up ( I don't think I liked the question or something....)
*Friday Night Mental Movie
*This week on pinterest
*In My Mailbox

I also started and finished Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare...loved it!  Will hopefully have a review to come this week, too.

*Seasons Readings is a holiday book challenge that I'm hosting.  I'm trying to read and review a different Chrsitmas or winter holiday book every day in the month of December (if you'd like to join, there is a little linky for your review!)  Click above for more info!

2 comments:

  1. I'm currently reading Wildefire by Karsten Knight and really like it!!! wow I couldn't plan my reads even if my life depended on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are so awesome for reading a holiday book every day in December - and reviewing them! I would seriously need to plan that out ahead of time. I just read Alison Jay's version of The Nutcracker with J last night and it's beautiful. I'm excited to read it with kids this week.

    ReplyDelete

Gold stars given to good comments.