Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

06 December 2011

Review: Santa Claus is Comin' To Town!

Take one part one of my favorite non-traditional (non-church) Christmas songs add one part one of my favorite author/illustrators equals one great book!

Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, illustrated by Steven Kellogg combines Kellogg's over-the-top, detailed and hilarious illustrations with the lyrics of the Christmas song written by J. Fred Coots and Haven Gillespie.

My students can't read this book without reading it to the tune of the song----and I'm ok with that!  That rhythm and rhyme is something that not-as-fluent readers need to practice, and illustrated song books provide a perfect security blanket for trying out new and unfamiliar words.

Don't forget to head over to the Seasons Readings page to check out the other books/reviews and add your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.