Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

07 December 2011

Review: Santa Cows by Cooper Edens

This book was actually one from my childhood.  When I was growing up, we raised beef cows---not many, but enough at home to keep things hopping.  We got this book for my Dad one Christmas, thinking that he would enjoy it.  He did, but looking back, I'm not sure he got the hours of pleasure reading it my sister and I (and now my students---oh yeah, its been "reappropriated" for classroom usage) did.

Here is the summary from Goodreads:

On a very unusual Christmas Eve, the sounds of mooing, the sight of a sky full of udders and the clatter of roof-top dancing all herald warmth and good cheer--and baseball, too. This tale has a madcap lunacy all its own.

Santa Cows is written as a spoof of "The Night Before Christmas" by Clement C. Moore.  It tells the story of special Cows delivering Christmas presents (instead of Santa and his reindeer).

Don't forget to head over to the Seasons Reading page and check out the other books/reviews and to add your own!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.