Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

29 October 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA

Its Monday!  What are you reading?  From Picture Books to YA is a weekly feature hosted by Jen and Kellee of Teach Mentor Texts and inspired by Its Monday!  What are you reading by Sheila at Book Journeys.

Last week, I read Return of the Library Dragon, The Toadhouse Trilogy: Book 1, and The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet.  I also started How to Train Your Dragon.  We also had our Virginia Reader's Choice book selection committee meeting (each state has one), and even though I can't share the titles until April, you Nerdy Book Clubbers will like what we chose. 

Last week's posts:
October 22:  It's Monday! post
October 23:  Review: Return of the Library Dragon
October 24: Review: Ten by Gretchen McNeil
October 25:  Thursday #Thirstday; About the Illustrator: Michael P. White; It's about time for a #schooljoy!
October 26:  Using Pinterest in School {Math Board}

This coming week:
I hope to finish How to Train Your Dragon.  I'll probably start Bloodlines by Richelle Meade.  I also get to hear Jane Hill speak on Thursday.  She is the coauthor of Classroom Instruction That Works for English Language Learners (with Kathleen M. Flynn).  I hope to have some information to share (maybe next week?  I have to wrap my head around it first, then type it all up for you)

Of course, this may all change if the Frankenstorm hits!  And lets be honest, I kind of hope it does---though, in the form of 2 feet of snow would be more desirable than 12 inches of rain. 

Posts:
October 29:  This post; Rock you like a hurricane (Sandy updates w/ pics)
October 30:  Day 2 Updates; Review:  The Toadhouse Trilogy
October 31:  With a little help from my friends--Everyone's Favorite Halloween/Scary/Ghost Books
November 1:  Quick Check:  The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet
November 2:  Introduction and Sign up for 25 days of Holiday Book Reviews

What are you reading?


2 comments:

  1. The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet...any book with a title like this deserves immediate reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I thought, too, when I bought it! I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete

Gold stars given to good comments.