Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

14 May 2014

{Out of the Box}: May 2014 Popsugar Must Have Box

Out of the Box is a feature I do to showcase and give a brief review of products in the subscription boxes that I receive.

Today's review is of my Popsugar Must Have box for May...."With POPSUGAR Must Have, you'll get an exciting monthly box full of fun, full-size products that are hand-selected by our editors."  You can subscribe monthly ($39.99), for 3 months ($109.85), for 6 months ($214.70) or for the year ($429.40).  Yes, you save money by signing up for the longer subscriptions, but it's my understanding that that amount comes out of your account all at once, rather than monthly.  If you'd like to try it out, please use my referral code as it helps me earn free boxes.

So, here's my box for this month:

1.  Kerry Cassill Eye Mask ($24)---I haven't used an eye mask in years.  And certainly not as nice a one as this.  I may use it, I may not.

2.  Hi, I'm Skinny Sticks ($4)---flavor, multigrain sweet onion.  I always dread the food item.  It's never anything that I would go to buy (except for that one month where it was the strawberry fig bars...mmmmmm strawberry fig bars....)  However, I always try it and I'm always surprised.  They really aren't that bad.  They aren't oniony like onion potato chips, but are almost like a Sun Chip in taste and texture.

3.  One Day Fat Blast DVD ($15)---I don't know how to feel about this item.  I'm kind of disappointed that it was included as it is a little older (made in 2010), and frankly just doesn't fit the "luxury box" idea (in my head).

4.  Zing Anything Citrus Zinger ($17)---frankly, this is my favorite item in the entire box.  I need to drink more water, though I don't always like the non-flavor of water.  I like sweet drinks, but I don't like fizzy, sugary flavor waters.  So, this is pretty cool.  I almost wish the DVD was switched with an inflused water recipe book.  I'll just have to get on Pinterest and look up recipes.

5.  Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics ($10)--I really like the color of this (Pool Boy).  It's a mix of turquoise and robin's egg blue.  It is a fun, summer color, without looking like I'm trying too hard to look young.  The package also states that it is vegan (though, I have no idea how that works), and cruelty free.  It went on thick and smooth, so now, I'm just waiting to see how long it lasts before it chips.

6.  Smell Bent St. Tropez Dispenser ($45)---this smells like the beach.  I love it.  I have a hard time with perfumes and body sprays as many give me a headache, but this one does not.  My husband likes it too, so win win!  It also is very long lasting---not like other body sprays.  I got a whiff of myself this afternoon and for a second there thought I was poolside.

Overall, I don't see what the theme is.  Relaxation?  Weight loss?  Beach?  I'm confused.  It almost feels like these were the left over items that didn't go in any other month all lumped together.

Total: $115.  A little lower than past months. 

Total of items I like:  $72.  Ok, so I guess I came out ahead, seeing as I paid $39.99.  However, I'd never (in real life), spend $10 on nail polish or $45 on body spray.

I'm not going to stop getting my box for a long time.  I like the surprise of it.  I just wish overall quality and consistency was a little higher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.