Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

08 March 2014

{Slice of Life}: Getting Healthy


Since probably about puberty, when you start to realize body shape and image, I have been on the larger side.  In high school, I was athletic, but never thin.  I liked playing sports and doing stuff, but hated running or working out.

In college, I maintained my weight by walking everywhere.  Since graduation (10 years ago!), I haven't really been active.  I didn't really see the need.  I was content with my body, and just not really motivated to do more.  Sure, I'd "diet" for about a month, lose a little bit and then gain it back as soon as I stopped.

We did nutrisystem 2 years ago with much more success than any other diet we had been on.  Until we went on vacation and learned that not every place has a microwave.  Yes, we tried to bring our nutrisystem food on vacation.  By the time we got home, I was just so tired of nutrisystem food that I didn't want to do it anymore.  And low and behold, gained all the weight back that I had lost, plus another 20 pounds.

It wasn't until my doctor told me that I was at risk for some serious health issues that I realized I needed to make a change.  So, I joined a new gym.  I've been going to classes and really enjoying them.  And I've lost some weight.  But, I'm still a long way off from a healthy Amanda.
Displaying photo.JPG
So, I'm going back on nutrisystem.  I need to make a change.  At this point, I have to.  I will thank you in advance for your encouragement, because I've never had anything but encouragement from the blogging community.  I'll check in periodically to let you know how it's going.  It'll keep me accountable :)      

1 comment:

Gold stars given to good comments.