Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

06 October 2013

Sunday Spotlight: Donors Choose Projects

Teachers give so much to their students:  knowledge, time, patience, an ear, a hug, and needed supplies (many times purchased out of pocket).  Donors Choose is a wonderful organization where teachers can create projects based on what their students need (anything from basic supplies to books to a new rug to technology) and then open the project up for people to make donations.

Each week, I'll be highlighting a different class and their Donor's Choose project, with the hopes that you would donate---even $5 goes a long way.

If you would like your own Donors Choose project featured, please contact me (email or twitter).

I thought I'd open with my own Donors Choose project, called "Reading to Luna".

Have a tail-wagging good time practicing reading and gaining confidence in English by reading to Luna (the cute little dog pictured above). In my high poverty school (more than 50% of students receive free or reduced lunch), I would like my grades 3-5 English language learners (ELL / ESL students) to have the opportunity to practice reading and develop fluency by reading to Luna.


I am trying to purchase more dog themed books for my students to read to Luna when she comes (because she obviously doesn't want to listen to cat books!)  Click the link above to do to my donation page.

Thank you for thinking of donating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.