Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

22 July 2013

15 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 1


Day 1:  Make 15 Book Related Confessions

1.  I have never finished reading Pride and Prejudice.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6l546RoiA1r4grm0o2_250.gif 
  Much like Tom Hanks, I've tried and quit a bunch of times.  I also get lost in the words, but not in the good way like Meg Ryan.  They overwhelm me.

2.  I feel like I'm cheating when I don't finish a book.

3.  I don't know how to delete DNF books off Goodreads so I just leave them on my "currently reading shelf", realizing it makes me look like I'm reading like 5 books at a time.  I don't want to click "done" because I'm not "done", I just don't want to finish it!  I just want it to go away... 

4.  On Pottermore, I was originally sorted into Slytherin House.  I didn't agree with those results (as I had a bad day that day and was in a pretty bad mood), so I later created another account and was sorted into Hufflepuff.  Twice (ok, I created ANOTHER account to verify).  And I can totally see that.    
http://media-cache-ec2.pinimg.com/originals/23/6d/8f/236d8f1c55973801b85b62daf06cea92.jpg

5.  I'd rather give books (or bookish things) as gifts rather than anything else.

6.  I don't think I've ever read the entire assigned text for a class.  Masters level included.  

7.  I'm a skimmer.  Which is why I often read things more than once.

8.  Please don't hate for this one:  While I enjoy John Green's humor (especially on his youtube videos), I'm not a fan of his books.  

9.  I hate realistic fiction in which the characters don't act or talk like normal teenagers.

10.  I always try to read the book before I see the movie.  Except in the case of World War Z (I tried, but see #3).  But then, I haven't actually SEEN World War Z yet, so this point may in fact be moot (or moo...
http://media-cache-ec3.pinimg.com/originals/4d/2d/ac/4d2dac4bf592b989d274be598b7c8aee.jpg

11.  Because I'm a skimmer (#7), I often only see the superficial.  I don't see the "hidden meaning" behind things.   I also don't remember quotes.

12.  Besides "teacher books", I've read less than 10 adult books in the past year.  

13.  Growing up, I used to have an "upstairs book" and a "downstairs book".  And sometimes a "bathroom book".  I'd take books to restaurants.  I'd have a book in the car.  Just so I'd always have a book.

14.  I'm slightly upset over the fact that my husband doesn't take my book recommendations.  I was right about Harry Potter and Hunger Games!  I can be right about Game of Thrones and the Chaos Walking series, too!  (Actually, those are the only 4 series I've ever recommended to him.)

15.  If we have a girl, we plan on naming her "Molly" after Molly Weasley.  If we have twin boys, Fred and George.  Our next dog shall be named "Tonks" if it's a girl, or "Muggle" if I can convince Aaron into letting me get a puggle.     

The 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge is hosted by April of Good Books and Good Wine.  And don't forget to head over to Andi's ABC's to find out Andi's book related confessions!  

3 comments:

  1. LOVE!

    I can totally help with the Goodreads DNF business. I created a DNF shelf for this exact reason. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOOH Good thinking! Cause I don't want it to go into my "read" total.

      Delete
  2. I'm a skimmer too! I can read like 500 words in a minute and that somewhat bothers my lit teachers. You say you like giving people books... I'll send you my mailing addy. ;)

    Followed! (I’d also really appreciate a bloglovin’ follow and a comment on my post in return!)

    My Day 1

    - Nova @ Musings of a Blogder

    ReplyDelete

Gold stars given to good comments.