1. I have never finished reading Pride and Prejudice.
Much like Tom Hanks, I've tried and quit a bunch of times. I also get lost in the words, but not in the good way like Meg Ryan. They overwhelm me.
2. I feel like I'm cheating when I don't finish a book.
3. I don't know how to delete DNF books off Goodreads so I just leave them on my "currently reading shelf", realizing it makes me look like I'm reading like 5 books at a time. I don't want to click "done" because I'm not "done", I just don't want to finish it! I just want it to go away...
4. On Pottermore, I was originally sorted into Slytherin House. I didn't agree with those results (as I had a bad day that day and was in a pretty bad mood), so I later created another account and was sorted into Hufflepuff. Twice (ok, I created ANOTHER account to verify). And I can totally see that.
5. I'd rather give books (or bookish things) as gifts rather than anything else.
6. I don't think I've ever read the entire assigned text for a class. Masters level included.
7. I'm a skimmer. Which is why I often read things more than once.
8. Please don't hate for this one: While I enjoy John Green's humor (especially on his youtube videos), I'm not a fan of his books.
9. I hate realistic fiction in which the characters don't act or talk like normal teenagers.
10. I always try to read the book before I see the movie. Except in the case of World War Z (I tried, but see #3). But then, I haven't actually SEEN World War Z yet, so this point may in fact be moot (or moo...
11. Because I'm a skimmer (#7), I often only see the superficial. I don't see the "hidden meaning" behind things. I also don't remember quotes.
12. Besides "teacher books", I've read less than 10 adult books in the past year.
13. Growing up, I used to have an "upstairs book" and a "downstairs book". And sometimes a "bathroom book". I'd take books to restaurants. I'd have a book in the car. Just so I'd always have a book.
14. I'm slightly upset over the fact that my husband doesn't take my book recommendations. I was right about Harry Potter and Hunger Games! I can be right about Game of Thrones and the Chaos Walking series, too! (Actually, those are the only 4 series I've ever recommended to him.)
15. If we have a girl, we plan on naming her "Molly" after Molly Weasley. If we have twin boys, Fred and George. Our next dog shall be named "Tonks" if it's a girl, or "Muggle" if I can convince Aaron into letting me get a puggle.