Bear with me, I'm going to try and get screenshots of each step. This tutorial is for a PC, not a mac. I'm not as proficient on a mac. But, if you have a specific question, I'd be more than happy to play around and get back to you (just email me)
1. Open your internet browser.
2. Search "free downloadable fonts" or something specific, like "Harry Potter font" or "Snowy font". We're going to search "free handwriting fonts." I've seen some pretty ones on pinterest (follow the link and pick up on step 4). There is also a blog, Kevin and Amanda, who has great free fonts. Today, we're going to use something from Kevin and Amanda.
4. Download. Save to your desktop. Depending on your computer, you may have to go into the "Downloads" file to then save to the desktop.
5. It will be a zip file. Unzip it. To do that, click "Install"
On my school computer, I have to do the following steps.
6. Open up your control panel on the "Start" menu
7. Go to "Appearances and Personalization". Open the fonts folder
8. Drag and drop the unzipped file.