Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

26 November 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA

Its Monday!  What are you reading?  From Picture Books to YA is a weekly feature hosted by Jen and Kellee of Teach Mentor Texts and inspired by Its Monday!  What are you reading by Sheila at Book Journeys.

My love affair with Game of Thrones continues, I've found the tv episodes on Amazon download.  I was also able to get book 2 (Clash of Kings) and Game of Thrones the graphic novel (for my husband, in hopes that he'd read it) from the library.

Last week's posts:
Nov 21:  Quick Check:  'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving
Nov 22:  Thursday #Thirstday (will it be GoT and glass of gravy?  We'll see!); Quick Check: Gracias, el Pavo de Thanksgiving (Gracias, the Thanksgiving Turkey)
Nov 23:  Shout Out:  Other Thanksgiving Books

This coming week is all about The Carpenter's Gift: A Christmas Tale About the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.  In case you didn't know (like I didn't until about 3 weeks ago), the lumber from the Christmas tree that is lit in Rockefeller Center is donated to Habitat for Humanity and is used to build homes.  I think that is just wonderful.  So, because it makes me so happy to think about, most of my posts this week are about The Carpenter's Gift in some shape or form.

Nov 25:  Behind the scenes video of The Carpenter's Gift 
Nov 26:  This post; Guest post and giveaway with David Rubel, author of The Carpenter's Gift
Nov 27:  Video:  Random House builds with Habitat for Humanity
Nov 28: Video: The Rockefeller Center Christmas tree and Habitat for Humanity
Nov 29: Thursday #Thirstday
Nov 30:  Winter is coming...and so is my review of Game of Thrones; Intro to 25 Days of Holiday Book Reviews

And speaking of 25 days of Holiday Book Reviews, there is seriously still time and space available to sign up (here).  Please.  I want your voices to be heard and books to be shared.  It doesn't have to be anything formal, but a little something about your favorite Christmas/holiday/snow book would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you're still enjoying Game of Thrones. I had to smile when you noted that you borrowed the graphic novel version for your husband. Reminds me of my own hubby who usually borrows graphic novels from the library - that's what his library card is for. :)

    ReplyDelete

Gold stars given to good comments.