Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

30 April 2012

Deep Thoughts on Harry Potter (Book 3)

Ok, so while I have read, numerous times Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (by JK Rowling), I've been trying to listen to all of the books on audiobook.  I'm finding that I am picking up on things I didn't think of when I was actually reading the book, or through watching the movie (though I know, things change from book to movie).

I've been getting all my audiobooks from the local public library, which brings me to my deep thought on Book 3.

My local public library only has 2 copies of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.  One has been lost.  The other has been destroyed / trying to be repaired.  My deep thought is, why haven't they been replaced?  I know that funding is an issue, however, to lose all access to the middle book in a very popular series is silly to me (for a lack of a better word).  I know the library can't buy a copy of everything, but I'm guessing that if the physical copy had been lost/destroyed a replacement would have been purchased right away.  Why weren't the people who lost copy 1 charged to replace it?  Why weren't the people who broke copy 2 charged?

Anyway, I had to skip over book 3, so now I'm listening to book 4 (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire).  If I had any deep thoughts, I'll pass them on....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.