Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

22 March 2012

Review: You Choose by Pippa Goodhart

 
You Choose by Pippa Goodhart (Kane Miller Publishing) is a very easy picture book that puts the reader in charge.  

Here is the summary from Goodreads:
If you could do anything, what would you choose? A book with a different ending every time!

Imagine you could go anywhere, with anyone and do anything. Where would you live? Where would you sleep? Who would be your friends? What games would you play? Go on… You choose! A whole range of scenarios is presented, making choosing – and reading – so much fun.

Fabulously illustrated, and with a different ending every time, children will want to read this again and again.

Now, reading that summary, I really did think that it was going to be one of those "choose your ending" books that I both loved and hated growing up.  But it wasn't---and the more I think about it, the more I'm ok with that (originally, it really bugged me that it wasn't)  In all actuality, the simple text elicits conversation and thought, rather than a "what path will you choose adventure".  

Like I said, it was very simple text, with one line on a page, asking the reader what they would choose on that page.  It was simple, it was somewhat repetitive, but its a book that a beginning reader could conquer and feel accomplished.  

I'd like to thank Kane Miller Publishing for sending me a copy.  I really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.