Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

31 March 2012

Not an April Fool---a call for professional education book reviews

I started this blog with the idea that it could be a resource for teachers (and parents and anyone) to find great books for kids.  And I hope it is!

But, I'd like to take it a step further and also include professional books for teachers.   As I stare at all the professional books on my shelf that I bought for my masters program and see "boring book, boring book, might be good, should probably reread, boring book, should probably have read when it was assigned, boring book" (please note, those are not the real titles), I realize I don't know how to find a good professional book.  I get bogged down.  I'm pretty sure I feel the same about professional books as some of our students do when just trying to find a free choice book in the library.  And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only teacher out there who feels the same way.

So my idea is to have other professionals write guest posts/reviews about "teacher" books they've read as a way to help promote our own growth and learning.  I'm not looking for anything specific, just any professional book that has helped you in your teaching (from Reggie Routman, to Donalyn Miller, to Marzano, or Words their Way, anything!)  I'll archive the posts so that you can easily go back and find a resource.  But, I need help.  If you would be interested in reviewing a professional (education) book, please fill out the form below.



Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.