Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

27 August 2011

Goals Are Good

My main goal for this blog was to showcase books that I use in my classroom....the blog is called "Maestra Amanda's Bookshelf" for a reason!  (Maestra = teacher in Spanish), and I feel like I've strayed a bit from that goal.  

I've been reading a lot of YA that I would not have in my elementary school classroom.  They are/were for my reading pleasure, and thats fine.  I should be able to read for enjoyment.  But, I also need to be able to connect my students with books they can read, and are appropriate for them to read. 

So, I'm going to try to balance my reviews.  For every YA book I read and review, I'll try to read and review a book that should be more appropriate for use in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.