Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

10 March 2015

Review: The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows

Image via Amazon
"Adventure, intrigue, and romance combine in a new fantasy duology from Incarnate series author Jodi Meadows.
When Princess Wilhelmina was a child, the Indigo Kingdom invaded her homeland. Ten years later, Wil and the other noble children who escaped are ready to fight back and reclaim Wil's throne. To do so, Wil and her best friend, Melanie, infiltrate the Indigo Kingdom palace with hopes of gathering information that will help them succeed.
But Wil has a secret—one that could change everything. Although magic has been illegal for a century, she knows her ability could help her save her kingdom. But magic creates wraith, and the deadly stuff is moving closer and destroying the land. And if the vigilante Black Knife catches her using magic, she may disappear like all the others. . . ." ~from Amazon
Please note that this review is of an unfinished ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) of 112 pages of THE ORPHAN QUEEN.  It was downloaded via Edelweiss for free in exchange for a fair review.

I want to say I enjoyed THE ORPHAN QUEEN by Jodi Meadows, but I'm not sure if I can.  The story was moderately interesting and the characters were developing, but I just couldn't get into the story.  For me, the book kind of just plodded along.  There wasn't much action or drama.  The story also felt like I had read it before; the storyline feels like it's already been done before.

This could be because I only got to read the first 100ish pages as that is what was available for review on Edelweiss.  And maybe I was just getting to the good part.  But I'm not sure, if given the opportunity to finish the book, I'd feel any different.  I'm also not sure, if given the chance, I'd even want to finish the book.  

I really hate that I had to write this review.  I really wanted to like this book.  I did.  But honesty is the best policy.  And I know that there will be many positive reviews.  But, I needed to put my feelings out there.



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Gold stars given to good comments.