Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

26 January 2015

{Out of the Box}: January Ipsy Bag

We interrupt the regularly scheduled Harry Potter posts to bring you an Out of the Box post.  But hey, I mentioned Harry Potter, and I plan on taking the bag, the brush, the lipbalm, and the eye shadow with me to Orlando.  So there you go!  
Out of the Box is a feature I do to showcase and give a brief review of products in the subscription boxes that I receive.

Today's review is of my Ipsy makeup bag for the month.  Ipsy is a service where "each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month. "  If you are interested, please click here to use my referral code and help me earn free bags.

January's theme was "fresh start" and designed with a "new year, new you" idea in mind.  The bag itself was really nice this month; blue on one side, white on the other with a coral zipper for some pop.

Here's a screenshot of my glam room:

*Elizabeth Mott "All Over Shadow Brush"
     I'm very excited to try this brush.  I'm in need of some new brushes, so this came at a great time.  Plus it's a really pretty pink with very soft bristles.  I actually think I may use it as a contouring brush...we'll see
*Hikari Cosmetics Mechanical Eyeliner in "Storm" (grey)
     Not sure about this.  I like the color, and the eyeliner itself is very thin and precise, but when I tried it, it didn't look like I used anything.  It was either too light or didn't come out.  
*[Malin +Goetz] Mojito Lip Balm
     LOVE THIS STUFF!  I'm skeptical of lip balms.  I hate when they have menthol in them, makes my lips tingle, and not in a fun way.  This comes out thick, but not greasy.  It feels very rich on my lips, like it's actually healing them.
*Pacifica "Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow" in "Ethereal"...a neutral, light golden tan
     I used this as my face highlighter with the Elizabeth Mott brush, and I looked darn good!  
*Probelle "Into the Blue" Nail Lacquer
     This fits the color scheme of the bag, but at 32, I don't really need blue nail polish.  I haven't tried it yet, but my friend says it takes at least 3 coats to look even remotely blue.  That seems like too much work.

Overall, I really liked my bag.  What do you think?  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.