Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

26 January 2015

Hogsmeade vs. Diagon Alley

So if you had your choice, where would you rather go?  Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley?

Having been to both at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I can say that both are pretty amazing.  But, sadly enough, not the real thing.  But, we won't go there.
Photo credit:  Me!  

Now, Hogsmeade has it's advantages.  It's right by Hogwarts.  It's charming and quaint.  And it has Zonko's and Honeydukes.  Best of all, it has The Three Broomsticks.

And if you can't get to Orlando, here are some other towns that look like Hogsmeade.  (Thanks to my Mom for sending me that link!  Aka she who knows nothing Harry Potter saw this and knew that it was Harry Potter related!)
Photo credit:  Me

On the flipside, Diagon Alley is in the heart of London, and all the hustle and bustle that comes with that.    It has Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes.
Photo credit:  Me
And Gringott's.
Photo credit: Me
Not to mention The Leaky Cauldron, Flourish and Blotts, Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream, Eeylops, Olivander's, Quality Quidditch Supplies, and Knockturn Alley (not that one should ever go down there.  Who am I kidding?  It was awesome.)
Photo credit:  Me

I like to think, "Where would I rather live?"  and usually, it's a small town.  I like visiting the city and everything that is there, but I don't like the traffic and the parking.  However, one wouldn't need to worry about traffic and parking if they were a witch or wizard and could apparate or use Floo Powder.  On the flip side, if I wanted to teach at Hogwarts, I'd have to live at Hogsmeade.  But, that being said, I think I'd rather live in Diagon Alley and stay at Hogsmeade during the school year :)

What about you?  Where do you prefer?

1 comment:

  1. I prefer Hogsmeade because of a personal bias. I live next to Universal Studios Hollywood and we are only getting Hogsmeade.

    ReplyDelete

Gold stars given to good comments.