Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

20 August 2014

{Out of the Box}: August 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag

Out of the Box is a feature I do to showcase and give a brief review of products in the subscription boxes that I receive.

Today's review is of my Ipsy makeup bag for the month.  Ipsy is a service where "each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month. "  If you are interested, please click here to use my referral code and help me earn free bags.

This month's theme is "Beauty Schooled", and all the cute little sneak peaks were school themed (they dress their samples up and "pose" them in scenarios that fit the theme).
(image via ipsy.com)

I love my glam bags, and Ipsy is probably my favorite subscription box.  The quality of products and variety is pretty great.  My only "complaint" is that their shipping notifications kind of stink.  Last month, I got the bag before I got the email saying it had been shipped!  They also don't post the tracking code online.

This month, I received:

*Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer (.25oz)--$40 for 1 oz
     I really liked my Dr. Brandt Microderm abraision scrub I got in a past bag, so I'm sure this will be amazing!  I really like how it made my face matte, rather than dewy.  I know dewy is "the look", but it makes me feel oily.  It seems that a little big goes a long way.

*Urban Decay Perversion Mascara (sample size)--$22 for regular size
     MORE MASCARA!  I finally find a mascara I love (Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara) and since then, I get a mascara from either Ipsy or PopSugar!  That being said, I am excited to try Urban Decay Perversion Mascara.  I really like Urban Decay products, so being able to try it before I buy it is very nice.  This is better than the Be a Bombshell from the June GlamBag, but still, does not compare to my Mary Kay! 

*J.Cat Beauty Flying Solo Eye Shadow in Half Naked (2.5g/0.09oz)--$2.99
    This is a great neutral color.  It looks like a mix of gold and orange, but don't let that scare you, it goes on great and just looks like a nice almost champagne-colored shimmer.  Right now, I'm wearing it alone, but I could see using it as a base or a highlighter 

*Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Lip Conditioner (regular sized chapstick)--$5.50
     I'm picky with my chapsticks, I hate those that make my lips tingle.  So, time will tell with this one.  I am happy that it's USDA certified organic.  This goes on very nice, doesn't have an overwhelming smell, nor does it make my lips tingle!  WIN!  I used it overtop the Tints and Sass lip and cheek stain from last month and it looks AMAZING! 

*Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk (50mL / 1.06oz)--$19.50 for 3.2 oz
    I'm trying to go "low-poo" (shampoo less, and use sulfate and paraben free shampoo and conditioner), so this will be great on the days I don't wash my hair.  (For a brief period of time, I tried "no-poo" and that just didn't work for me.  I realize I was still in transition and my hair was getting used to it, but unfortunately, I was not.  I felt like a dirty greaseball.)  This does have parabens, so technically, not "no-poo", but if you can't/don't wash one day and you need something, this would be a good go-to, in my opinion!

I'll be honest, when I got my bag, I was a little disappointed as there wasn't anything that was WOW, and the quality of the bag it came in seemed a little cheap, but then when I used the products, I really like all of them.  The bag still seems a little plastic-y and cheap, but I'll take it to school as a pencil bag, put it in my prize box, or use it to hold student iPad earbuds.  Good job, yet again, Ipsy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.