Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

15 July 2014

{Out of the Box}: July 2014 Popsugar Must Have Box

Out of the Box is a feature I do to showcase and give a brief review of products in the subscription boxes that I receive.

Today's review is of my Popsugar Must Have box for July...."With POPSUGAR Must Have, you'll get an exciting monthly box full of fun, full-size products that are hand-selected by our editors."  You can subscribe monthly ($39.99), for 3 months ($109.85), for 6 months ($214.70) or for the year ($429.40).  Yes, you save money by signing up for the longer subscriptions, but it's my understanding that that amount comes out of your account all at once, rather than monthly.  If you'd like to try it out, please use my referral code as it helps me earn free boxes.

This month's box was inspired by "hot summer nights, eating al fresco, longer days, lemonade, sunshine, vacation, outdoor workouts".  Which is cool, but I wish there was one main overarching theme, rather than a variety of inspirations, you know?

Of all the boxes I've gotten (since February), this is probably my least favorite.  To me, there isn't anything special.  The things I like are mundane items that I could pick up anywhere.  There wasn't a zing! exciting item.  I've heard the August box is the anniversary box, so I have high hopes for it.  Otherwise, I'm cancelling my subscription.

Here is a look at the overall box, then we'll look at each item individually.


~ Michael Stars Beach Hat ($48)
Yeah, any hat that is "one size fits all" does NOT fit me.  Ever.  I don't wear hats because I have a huge head.  Plus, even if this did fit, it's big and floppy and I don't like that style.    

~French Bull Ziggy Salad Servers ($12)
 To me, these are ok.  The idea of cute utensils is cool, but again, not really something I'd use.  I don't make big salads, just grab what I need out of the bag.  I'll keep them, because you never know when you'll need salad servers, but on the flip side, you NEVER KNOW when you'll need salad servers.
Every food item Popsugar sends initially looks like something I'd hate.  Then I try it and I love it.  So, I'm willing to bet this will be ok. 

~Acme Party Box Company Chevron Straws ($7)
Cute, but I don't use straws.  I like that they're paper and supposedly reuseable (how, I'm not sure.  I mean, straws get wet and when paper gets wet it pretty much turns to a pulpy mess).  I'll probably end up using them to make a cute birthday decoration/present for my students.  They kind of scream "Happy Birthday" to me.  

~TKO Jump rope with soft grip handles ($13)
Um, ok.  It seems that I never really enjoy the "fitness" portion of the box.

~Revlon Bold Lacuer Mascara ($7)
I have a ton of mascara (still have my Mary Kay that I love, and got Be a Bombshell mascara in my Ipsy bag last month.)  However, you run out of mascara when you least expect it.  So, this just saves me a trip to the drug store.  I'm ok with that.

~Sun Bum Sunscreen and Lotion ($20)
You always need sunscreen.  I'm down with that.  I am excited to see what the cool down lotion does, as I know I'll burn at least one more time this summer.  

All in all, this box was a let down.  I'm seriously rethinking my subscription.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.