Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

24 June 2014

{Out of the box}: June 2014 Popsugar Must Have Box

Out of the Box is a feature I do to showcase and give a brief review of products in the subscription boxes that I receive.

Today's review is of my Popsugar Must Have box for May...."With POPSUGAR Must Have, you'll get an exciting monthly box full of fun, full-size products that are hand-selected by our editors."  You can subscribe monthly ($39.99), for 3 months ($109.85), for 6 months ($214.70) or for the year ($429.40).  Yes, you save money by signing up for the longer subscriptions, but it's my understanding that that amount comes out of your account all at once, rather than monthly.  If you'd like to try it out, please use my referral code as it helps me earn free boxes.

So here's a look at my box for the month:
Displaying photo 2.JPG
I just don't feel like editing the picture today to number each item, so starting at the top and going clockwise, we have:

1.  Emily Giffin's THE ONE AND ONLY.  Now Popsugar has this listed as $28 retail, but I don't know where they're shopping because Amazon has it listed brand new for $16.52.  But anyway, I'm pretty excited to read this.  I've heard good things about it, lots of subscribers were excited to find this in their box, so we'll see.  It's been a while since I've read a strictly "grown-up" book---usually, it's those with cross-over appeal, such as Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead.

2.  Sachajuan Shiny Citrus Body Lotion ($23.50 on Amazon).  This is a full sized bottle of delicious smelling lotion.  It also lasts a pretty long time and doesn't make me feel like a greased up pig.  So a win all around.

3.  Lollies Basic Hair Ties ($8 for a 3 pack).  These cute little hair ties are made out of bathing suit material, I guess it doesn't crimp your hair like a regular elastic.  It's too bad my hair is too short to use these bad boys.

4.  You Smell Lemon Wet Wipes ($5 for a box of 12).  I haven't used these yet, but I'm probably going to pop a few in my gym bag for use after spin class.  

5.  Turkish T Basic Breeze Sorbet in Turquoise ($32).  They say you can use this as a towel, blanket, wrap or scarf.  It's so pretty (not as soft as I thought it would be, but very pretty), I'm going to use it as a wrap or scarf.  

6.  One Potato Two Potato Hawaiian Barbeque chips I couldn't find the price online, and at the moment, I can't find the booklet that Popsugar sends listing prices, but I remember seeing this brand at TJ Maxx for like $1.99.  I packed these in my carry-on bag for California, they were pretty good.  Sweet with a little bit of spice.  

All in all a good box.  Nothing really to write home about, but it always opens my eyes to new brands and I get things that I normally wouldn't buy for myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.