Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

26 September 2013

My apologies

I wish I could offer an explanation as to why I haven't posted much since school started.  I wish I had a good reason, besides, I just haven't had the time!

I have had time to read, though.  I'm so happy, I just finished the last Virginia Reader's Choice nominated book that I had to read before we create the shortlist in October.  This is the first year I can actually say I was able to do that.  The past 2 years, I just couldn't find all the books at the libraries I frequent.

I have also had time to think about the direction that I would like to take my blog.  Instead of just a "book blog", I think I'm leaning more towards the direction of book/teacher blog.  I will still write reviews, but I'd also like to share more of what I'm doing in my classroom.  I know I've done that some in the past, but I'd really like it to be more of a "thing I do".  I'm starting a new to me method of teaching ESL with my 3rd, 4th and 5th graders, called TPRS (Teaching Proficiency through Reading and Storytelling), so I'd like to share that sometimes.  I'm also picking up a group of kindergarteners (and I'm SO EXCITED about it!  I miss pre-k and kindergarten), so I'd like to share books, songs or activities I do with them.  And finally, I'm bringing Luna to school with me for my students to practice fluency and gain confidence speaking in English, so OF COURSE I'd like to share that!  (Now, I may not be able to share pics here, but I am able to on my county Title III - ESL- website---that I update!  So you'll get something!) 

(Speaking of kids reading to Luna---please donate to my Donors Choose project starring her!)

All this being said, I am so sorry that I've been absent.  I hope you've enjoyed the books I've been fortunate to be part of a tour for, I know I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.