Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

17 April 2013

Review: Exposure by Kim Askew and Amy Helmes

I love retellings, and to take on Shakespeare is a major undertaking.  I like trying to figure out who is who, or how the plot is going to change a little due to time or setting.  But, I'd like to cry a little when I tell you that it has been 13-14 years since I read MacBeth, so my memory of it may be a little sketch (which is why wikipedia is my best friend!)

I got the major switches:  Craig Mac= MacBeth; Duff = McDuff; Kaya and her friends = the witches.  I have a really hard time figuring out who Skye is supposed to be.  I had thought that it would be a great twist if she was MacBeth, but that didn't fit.  Then I thought, "Ok, Lady MacBeth."  But, Beth seems more like Lady MacBeth.  So who does that leave for Skye?  Ok, so I had to wiki it...is she Banquo?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.