Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

09 March 2013

If I had $100

Inspired by Andi, of Andi's ABC's (Accessories, Books and Clothes) post, Monopoly Money Monday (and a Barenaked Ladies song), I thought, "What if I had $100 to spend?  What books or bookish things would I buy?"

I'm going to try to make this a weekly post, usually on Saturdays, because, let's face it, I can spend $100 on books/bookish things REALLY quickly and easily!  And, if I go over, there's always next Saturday!

Of course, there are no shipping charges or tax.  It's my fantasy money, and I've decided!  

Clicking on the image *should* take you directly to that link.  Unless its noted, that site is amazon.

With all the books in real life that I've purchased lately/been sent/am drooling over, I think its time to buy another bookcase.  Granted, in my house, I really don't have room for another one, but then that would mean getting rid of some books, and I don't like that.

Today's purchase comes from Ikea.  I found some stuff that I really liked, but was at minimum $400.  But, here is a bookshelf that I can work with for right now and maybe add onto to create the one that I really REALLY liked:
EXPEDIT Shelving unit IKEA The high gloss surfaces reflect light and give a vibrant look. Finished on all sides. Can also be used as a room divider.
The EXPEDIT shelving unit $89.99
(if I bought 2, and a short shelf, I could turn it into an entertainment center/bookshelf...oh the possibilities)

But anyway, that's all I'm buying today.  The $10.01 that is leftover will probably go for either gas to get to the closest Ikea or to Starbucks (as a bribe to my husband for 1. taking me to Ikea and 2. putting it together for me)

And just because I want to show you, this is the unit I REALLY liked:
HEMNES TV storage combination IKEA
The HEMNES TV Storage Combination (but in black---has to match my existing shelves) $479.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.