National Bullying Prevention Day.
It is also Auggie, from Wonder by RJ Palacio's birthday.
In an effort to raise awareness and show support for National Bullying Prevention Day, I'm asking you to wear orange tomorrow.
On the above link, there are several ways to promote National Bullying Prevention Day (including flyers in English and Spanish). But, here are their suggestions:
In your school or community:
- Wear the color orange.Looking for that perfect orange T-shirt? We’re pleased to partner with CustomInk, the “design online” custom T-shirt company, as part of its “Be Good to Each Other” campaign. The campaign takes a stand for kindness and tolerance and uses the power of custom T-shirts to do good. All profits from this partnership support the work of PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center.
Order your UNITE AGAINST BULLYING T-shirts now for your school, team, organization or yourself. It’s easy to order and you can feel good knowing that your purchase will help children be safe in school, the community, and online.
- Hold a classroom discussion to define the word "Unity".
- Write the word “UNITY” on your hand, on your notebook, or create a banner to sign.
- Set up a “unity” table. Hand out orange “unity ribbons.”To create your own ribbons, purchase a spool of orange ribbon (5/8” wide) at a craft or dollar store. Cut them into 12” strips. With a black marker write UNITY, “The End of Bullying Begins With Me”, or create your own bullying prevention message.
- Give the opportunity to donate for the ribbons and send the proceeds to PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center.
- “Attend” and “Share” the UNITY DAY Facebook Event with family and friends
- Update your Facebook status to “UNITY DAY, October 10th— Join the movement to make it orange and make it end! If you are being bullied, you are not alone. Unite and be a champion against bullying!
- Post pictures of anyone wearing orange to the UNITY DAY Facebook Event page.
- Sign “The End of Bullying Begins With You” Petition.