Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

18 September 2012

Review: The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore



I was first introduced to The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore last year when it won an Oscar for Best Animated Short Film.  I downloaded the movie from iTunes to the class iPad, but I also showed the film (from youtube) on my smartboard, so I could show the entire class.

I thought the film was beautiful.  It was a silent film, which left things up for interpretation.  My kids had tons of different theories about Mr. Lessmore, but they all got the same central thought---books can make you happy. 

Well, much to my surprise, when on Saturday morning, I came across the BOOK form of The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore

It was just as magical and beautiful as the film.  It was the same illustrations as the film.  And for me, cleared up some spots in the film that I just wasn't sure about, or interpreted differently. 

But again, it just shows how important books are.  How they help us, transport us, make us happy.  It was beautiful. 

I can't wait to share this with my students! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.