Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

02 April 2012

I Relay...

I was going to just copy and paste the form letter that the American Cancer Society provides for asking for donations.  But, I wanted to tell you my Relay story...

I initially joined our school's Relay for Life team in 2007, and have been a member ever since.  I did it because I wanted to help raise money for the American Cancer Society.  Yay for me!  But, I had never been affected by cancer. 

In November, 2010, my mother-in-law was diagnosed with breast cancer.  This diagnosis was made after she had had her first mamogram in years.  Thankfully, she fought it and won.  It was hard though, even for us just watching her go through her treatments.  I can't imagine what it was like for her.  She has been cancer-free for over a year, but is still being affected by the chemo and the medicines she has taken.

(as I sit and type and retype this, I get teary still just remembering all the feelings of what if?  worry and despair.  I can't go into more detail without crying outright...I'm sorry...)

But now, she's who I Relay for.

I have added a donation button to the top of the blog that will take you directly to my Relay page.  I ask that you please consider donating to this wonderful cause.  (think what you want of the American Cancer Society, but we need to find a cure).

Our county's Relay for Life is held Memorial Day weekend.  So---you have until May 25th! 

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.