Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

20 March 2012

Review: Slide by Jill Hathaway

Slide
Slide by Jill Hathaway is a 2012 debut.  Its a fast paced murder mystery that kept me guessing until the end.

Here is the summary from amazon:
She sees through the eyes of a killer…Vee Bell hates having narcolepsy. But collapsing at school is nowhere near as bad as the truth. When Vee passes out she slides randomly into other’s people’s heads and ends up seeing through their eyes. So when Vee finds herself in the head of a killer, standing over the body of a cheerleader, she’s beyond freaked.Vee knows that this was no suicide. And when another cheerleader turns up dead, everyone is a suspect. Struggling to understand her terrifying and unwanted ‘gift’, Vee is tangled in a web of secrets, lies and danger…

Slide really surprised me.  I got about 60 pages in and declared, "I know who the killer is and I know why he's doing it!"  Boy was I wrong!  I HATE guessing the killer before the big reveal (ok, only sometimes, watching tv and figuring it out before my husband makes me feel smart).  But books are different, you have to do so much more groundwork to make a convincing killer and Ms. Hathaway did that.

There were times where I felt I had read this before, that it reminded me of another YA series.  But, it was different enough, there was enough of a unique spin, that I wanted to keep reading. 

All in all a very enjoyable read. 

Please note:  I downloaded this book for free via NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.