Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

25 March 2012

In My Mailbox---teacher geek-out

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi, the Story Siren, where you post about whatever books and bookish things you got that week.

I didn't get much this week, but what I did get makes my little teacher heart squeal!  I had the opportunity to hear Donalyn Miller, The Book Whisperer, speak...not once but TWICE this week!  And I got my much loved / abused copy of her book signed!
Clicking the cover will take you right to Amazon to order
 If you are a teacher (and not following Donalyn Miller--- @donalynbooks on twitter) or haven't read her book, then you need to!  She is a fountain of information, and it just makes sense!  Give kids a choice in reading and they will read more.  Sounds simple right, but it works and its effective.  In an age of test test test, the tried and true thing you can do to improve test scores is read more.  How do you get kids to read more?  Give them the choice!  (and now I step down off my soapbox....)

Anyway, here's a pic of my signed copy...

What was in your mailbox?

1 comment:

  1. Great week! I'm not familiar with Donalyn but always enjoy signed books.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

Gold stars given to good comments.