Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

02 March 2012

Friday Night Mental Movie: Horton Halfpott vs. Downton Abbey

Friday Night Mental Movie is a posting I like to do where I share the cast of a book I've been reading.  This week, I've been listening to the audiobook of Horton Halfpott: Or, The Fiendish Mystery of Smugwick Manor; or, The Loosening of M'Lady Luggertuck's Corset by Tom Angelberger and as soon as I popped that CD into the player, I saw the cast of Downton Abbey as the characters in Horton Halfpott.  (Downton Abbey is a British "period drama" that comes on in the US on PBS and Netflix, click here for the wikipedia page)

So, this week's FNMM is Horton Halfpott as played by the cast of Downton Abbey.
 

My Cast
As Horton, William the footman
As Luther, the dastardly Thomas

As M'Lady Luggertuck, the Dowager Countess...I think her corsets do need to be loosened!

As Cousin Montgomery...Cousin Matthew


As Celia Sylvan-Smythe, the Lady Mary....though I like Lady Sybil's spunk better, Lady Mary HAS to be the object of Cousin Matthew's affections
M'Lady Luggertuck's sister / Montgomery's mother, Carolyn Crimcrumper, the Lady Isobel

As the kitchen tyrant herself, Mrs Neversly...the equally mean, O'Brien (plus, once you read to the end of the book, you'll see why this is PERFECT!)
As Captain Splinterlock, the honorable pirate, Mr. Bates

As the butler in love with Old Crotty, Mr. Carson

As Old Crotty, Mrs. Hughes
I couldn't find any good matches for Blight, Blemish and Bump OR Portnoy St. Pomfrey.  But, you can't win them all... :)

Ok, so this was a really easy FNMM, but it matches up so well!  Its a book/tv mashup!  Can you just imagine the hijinx if the cast of Downton Abbey would actually play those parts in Horton?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.