Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

23 December 2011

Seasons Readings: Emmit Otter's Jug-Band Christmas

Ok, so when I saw this book at our school library, I knew I had to get it.  I remember last Christmas, my cousin Erin posting about "Emmitt Otter's Jug-Band Christmas" being on TV and it being her most favorite Christmas special of all time, and thinking, "I've never heard of this!"  I tweeted a couple times asking if people had heard of it, but nobody responded, so my theory of it being regional is kind of null and void.
  
There is no summary on goodreads or amazon!  So, I'll try my hand at writing one:
Times are tough for the animals of Frogtown Hollow; the crops not doing so good, the sawmill on limited hours and Emmit and his mom are having a hard time making ends meet.  But, its Christmas, and they both want to get the other something really nice (and expensive) for Christmas (not something homemade).  Emmit decides to enter the Frogtown Hollow talent contest for his share of the $50 prize

I thought the book was super cute, if a little old fashioned, but it works.  I started reading it thinking it was going to be very "Gift of the Magi", but it really wasn't.  I don't want to give away the ending, but it was good.

And just for fun, here's a clip I found on youtube of the TV special:




Don't forget to head over to the Seasons Readings page, check out the other books and reviews and to link up your own! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.