Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

20 March 2011

In My Mailbox #7: By the light of the supermoon

In My Mailbox is a weekly posting hosted by Kristi, The Story Siren, where you post about what books you've gotten (either in the mail, the store, from the library or from a friend) for that week.
This week, I was lucky enough to attend the Virginia State Reading Association (VSRA) yearly conference.  Not only was it great to meet teachers and hear new ideas for the classroom, but I also got to hear Tom Angleberger, Judy Schachner, and Gary Paulson speak (and get their autographs!).  I also had the pleasure of talking to Laura and Meredith from Peachtree Publishers (@PeachtreePub) and received two books for review from them.

So, while I bought The Strange Case of Origami Yoda, Skippyjon Jones, and Hatchet last week, I got them signed this week. 



Table decoration at Judy Schachner's dinner, made by elementary students
That reads:  "To Maestra Amanda...I hope doesn't poop on me!" 




From Peachtree Publishers for review: 


 The Yellow Star: The Legend of King Christian X of Denmark   

Thank you, again, Laura and Meredith.

And because I can't help it, here is a picture I took of the "Supermoon":







3 comments:

  1. That's so cool you got all of those autographs! Enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your super moon picture looks awesome! way better than my crappy shots :\ thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Gold stars given to good comments.