Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

07 January 2011

What I'm reading this weekend

I was in another teacher's classroom today and noticed a copy of Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren sitting on her shelf.  Now, I don't know about you, but when I was growing up, Pippi Longstocking was awesome!  She was strong, she was sassy, she could take care of business.  Plus, she had that awesome hair.  So when I saw this copy, I realized that I had only seen the movie and read the little books that went along with it, not the actual chapter book.  So, book number 1 for this weekend is Pippi Longstocking.

Books two and three are graphic novels based on chapter books that I have read and loved---Nancy Drew and The Boxcar Children.  I'm interested to see how they turn out, because I'd love to use them in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.