Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

16 January 2015

Hot Butterbeer recipe

When Starbucks came out with their "secret" Butterbeer recipe, I rejoiced.  But then I actually looked at the recipe and realized two things:
     1.)  I'd never remember it
     2.)  If I did, it would probably be super expensive.

So I resigned myself to probably never tasting butterbeer.  And I was ok with that, because I also figured that it wouldn't live up to the "hype" I had built up in my head.

And then we went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter last summer and I tried frozen butterbeer for the first time.  AND IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!
Me, enjoying a nice, frosty butterbeer.  I've been know to drink Pepsi out of the mug at home.

So, when I came across this pin on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it.
Original source:  http://www.buzzfeed.com/ashleybaccam/how-to-make-a-butterbeer-latte#.tkB6AyyD6
If you can't read that, it says:
2 tbs butter
2 tbs brown sugar
1 mug milk
1 tsp vanilla
dash of cinnamon (I used a brown sugar cinnamon mix I got from Target)

1.  Melt the butter and brown sugar together to make a caramel.
2.  Add milk, vanilla, cinnamon.  Stir to combine.
3.  Bring mixture to a boil and serve in a mug.


Now, having made this several times, I can tell you.  Use regular milk.  Do not use almond or coconut milk.  It just doesn't taste right.  You can mix with a cup of coffee (use as a creamer), but it's not as good as if you just drank it on its own.  

Enjoy!  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.