Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

23 May 2014

{Out of the Box}: May 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag Review

Out of the Box is a feature I do to showcase and give a brief review of products in the subscription boxes that I receive.

Today's review is of my Ipsy makeup bag for April.  Ipsy is a service where "each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month. "  If you are interested, please click to use my referral code and help me earn free bags.

This month's Ipsy theme is "Beauty's Fresh Picks", and I have to say, I feel they really hit their mark with this theme.  Now, please let it be known that not everyone gets the same products in their bags.  It is my understanding that there are a few products in everyone's bags that are the same, but based on our "beauty profile" and answers to the quiz, there are a few products that are different and more closely chosen to your own likes/needs.

So, here is my bag for the month:



What I got:

1.  The bag---I'm not sure what it's made out of, but it feels like natural cotton.  I like it and the pattern.

2.   Eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask---retails on the website for $40 for a 500ml container.  This is a _______ml container, so obviously it would not retail for as much.  But still!  I used it this past weekend and love it.  My hair is normally shiny and smooth, but this took it to the max!  Even the next day it still looked great.  I'm totally taking this with me to California in June (I hate hotel conditioners!)

3.  HangTen Classic Body SPF 50 sunscreen---retails on website for $12.99.

4.  Pacifica Mineral Eye Shadow Duo #2 (purple and white)---I couldn't find just a duo on the website, but for a quad, it's $14, which is pretty reasonable in my mind.  (For finding the total of all items, I'm counting this as being worth $7, because a duo is half a quad.)  The colors are way too light for me.  It didn't look like I had any eye makeup on at all (and not in the good, "natural" way).

5.  -Derma E Microderm Abrasion Scrub---retails on website for $29.25 (on sale) for 2 oz.  It has a great lemon scent.  I really like it.

6.  Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Ellusive---retails at Target for $6.49.  Much pinker than I thought it would be, so it's brighter than I was expecting.  But I like it.  It is very creamy and lasts for a really long time.

So, for $10, I got $95 worth of stuff!  For the cost to me, plus the quality of the products I get, this bag is totally worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.