I'm very happy to say that Thursday night I was initiated into the Alpha Delta Kappa sorority. It is an
I never in a million years ever thought I'd be in a sorority. But it's not like I'm Elle Woods pledging Delta Nu. I think it's cool that it's just for women in education, and they do a lot with various charitable organizations (St. Jude's for one).international honorary organization of women educators dedicated to educational excellence, altruism and world understanding.
- To give recognition to outstanding women educators.
- To build a fraternal fellowship among women in the field of education which will add to their effectiveness in the promotion of excellence in education.
- To promote high standards of education and thereby strengthen the status and advancement of the education profession.
- To promote educational and charitable projects and activities, to sponsor scholarships, to further and maintain worthy standards in the field of education and to cooperate with worthy community programs relating to education and charities.
- To contribute to world understanding, goodwill, and peace through an international fellowship of women educators united in the ideals of education.