Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

30 October 2013

What Luna Read


My dog, Luna, comes to work with me on Tuesdays and my students have the opportunity to read to her for 5-7 minutes each (depending on group size).  This helps them to practice fluency, gain confidence with their oral language, and learn vocabulary.  It also gives them a chance to read to someone who will not judge their mistakes.

Last week, I had the brilliant idea of letting the children record themselves reading to Luna on the iPad using the "Quick Voice Recorder" app (it's free in the iTunes store).  

They loved it!  They also were able to take "selfies" with Luna using the iPad.
This is one of my 4th graders...


Please, if you like what I'm doing with Luna in my classroom and helping children build fluency and gain excitement about reading, donate to my Donors Choose project.  We're so close to our goal of building a library of dog books.  Everything helps get us closer to that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.