Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

21 March 2013

Review: Fraction of Stone by Kelley Lynne

Fraction of Stone by Kelley Lynn 
Given the chance, would you save a world that condemned you?  Author Kelley Lynne writes about just that in FRACTION OF STONE.  Teens Rydan and Akara are the only people that have magic in the world, but were brought up totally different.  Rydan, the spoiled, pampered pet thinks the world is hunky-dory, but Akara disagrees.  She was beaten, tortured and kept locked in a prison.  Why would she want to save the people that did that to her?

Image and summary from Goodreads:
Wind tunnels, torrential rains and earthquakes tear apart Casden. The cause of the world’s imbalance is unknown, but the mounting occurrences suggest there’s little time before life ceases to exist.

Rydan Gale and Akara Nazreth are the only humans with the ability to wield magic. The tattoo on their necks and the discovery of an ancient book, dictate they are the key to the world’s survival.

But the greatest obstacle for saving mankind isn’t the bizarre creatures, extreme betrayals and magic-fearing men hunting them.

It’s that Akara doesn’t believe the world is worth saving
.

I really enjoyed this book.  I liked the magic, I liked the play between the characters, I liked that there didn't seem to be a clear answer (why should they save the world?  Is there anything good left to save?), and ultimately, I liked the ending---now, I think that it left some to be desired, I had some questions that weren't answered---did they go back?  What happened to Tristan?  Where did they go afterwards?  But, I'm hoping that there will be a second book that will answer my questions.

I don't know what I would have done had I been in Kara's shoes.  She had so many reasons to hate the world and wish it to end, but ultimately it was love that changed her mind.   

I read this book in ebook format.  The author, Kelley Lynne, contacted me via email and asked for a fair and honest review.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks so much for the review! I really appreciate it. I'm so glad to see you enjoyed it and that it left you thinking.

    ReplyDelete

Gold stars given to good comments.