Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

22 April 2012

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is a weekly posting hosted by Kristi, The Story Siren, where you post about the books (or bookish things) you got that week.

This week I picked up 20 copies of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  I was fortunate enough to be chosen as a book giver for World Book Night (April 23).  I plan on giving out these beautiful copies at the high school my elementary school feeds into.  But, before I do, I wanted to share pictures of my lovelies...
(I really want to keep a copy for myself...but I won't!  Don't worry!)

I also got in the mail:
*ARC (advanced reader copy) of The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa (won from Kate from Ex Libris)
*The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
(I joined an online book club, "Geeks Who Read", and these are our June and April picks respectively)

I also got an iPad for my classroom, so I've been busy downloading literacy apps and all sorts of fun stuff (any app suggestions, specifically for grades 3-5, would be appreciated!)

What was in your mailbox?

3 comments:

  1. Such an awesome haul!

    I bet all those Hunger Games books will be picked up off the shelves and read like crazy. :)

    I really liked The Immortal Rules. Enjoy your reads!

    Jenny at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading The Immortal Rules and it was good my review is up if you want to check it out. Here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-31.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set! Yay for Immortal Rules! It was incredible.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

Gold stars given to good comments.