Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

13 April 2012

Deep Thoughts on Harry Potter (Part 2)


So, I had some more questions / deep thoughts as I am listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks.  In case you were wondering, this isn't my first time reading the books, I've read the series start to finish several times, but this is my first time listening to them on audiobook.  

1.  In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (book 2), how come the kids that were attacked (petrified) didn't get held back a year?  Some missed almost an entire year of school, that puts them well behind their classmates.  Did they have to go to summer school to catch up?  You'd think Hermione would at least ask for tutoring on what she had missed....

2.  Also in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, when Harry's stuff was ransacked and Tom Riddle's diary stolen, why didn't anyone think of someone using a polyjuice potion?  I know, of course you'd automatically think someone from Gryffindor, but since only a few chapters before Harry and Ron got into the Slytherin common room by using a polyjuice potion, you'd think that maybe they would think someone had done that.  (make sense?)

Did anyone else wonder about this? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.