Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

26 March 2012

Review: Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

 
 Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter is the highly anticipated (in my opinion) sequel to The Goddess Test.  I was so excited to see this on NetGalley, for two reasons:  1) I loved The Goddess Test and 2) sentimental reasons--The Goddess Test was one of the first books I reviewed on NetGalley last year when it came out.  I found it over MLK weekend, so nobody was in the office Monday, but when that "you've been approved" email came while I was at work, I'll admit, I squealed a little.

Here is the summary from Netgalley (and a link to amazon to order it---cause you're gonna want to)
WHAT IF IMMORTALITY ISN’ T FOREVER?
KATE WINTERS HAS WON IMMORTALITY.
BUT IF SHE WANTS A LIFE WITH HENRY IN THE UNDERWORLD, SHE’LL HAVE TO FIGHT FOR IT.
Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.
As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of
Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one
person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry’s first wife, Persephone. 

 I really think that Kate is one of my favorite female characters today.  She's so strong, yet vulnerable.  She knows what she wants, but doubts herself and if she deserves it.  She is so real to me, that's how I see so many women are.  Kate is a true heroine, not because she is the lead female character in the book, but because (according to dictionary.com) she is "a woman of distinguished courage or ability, admired for her brave deeds and noble qualities."

As for the story, I loved it.  I was drawn in from the first page.  I was so emotionally invested in this book; I laughed, I cried, I even yelled at Charlie MaSheen (my iPad) because the story wasn't going the way I wanted it to (don't worry, it all worked out). 
 
I loved the Greek mythology that was in the book---the Titans, the description of the Underworld, even a reminder of who was who (the gods/goddesses don't go by their Greek names).


This was a great book and a wonderful sequel.  So often (at least for me) the sequel doesn't live up to the first in a series.  This is not the case.  Goddess Interrupted is as good or better than The Goddess Test. 

Please note that I downloaded this book for free via NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.