Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

17 February 2012

Out of the Mouths of Babes (1)

Out of the mouths of babes is a new feature that I'd like to start, featuring the book suggestions of my students (the babes).  Its not going to be an "every Friday" kind of thing, just when I get them, I'll post them. 
I asked them to give me the name of the book and why they liked it.  I will type (fixing spelling and grammer errors when I can).  I also asked my students to give me aliases, as I don't want to invade their privacy by posting their real names.

Today's Out of the Mouth's of Babes post comes from Aeropostal87 (4th grader):
SPHDZ (Spaceheadz, #1)
Spaceheadz by Jon Sciezka
Michael K. just started fifth grade at a new school. As if that wasn't hard enough, the kids he seems to have made friends with apparently aren't kids at all. They are aliens. Real aliens who have invaded our planet in the form of school children and a hamster. They have a mission to complete: to convince 3,140,001 kids to BE SPHDZ.
But with a hamster as their leader, "kids" who talk like walking advertisements, and Michael K as their first convert, will the SPHDZ be able to keep their cover and pull off their assignment?


Aeropostal87 writes:  (I recommend Spaceheadz) Because it is the funniest book ever and I think other kids should read it.  The author of the book is my favorite author (Jon Sciezka), because he makes the funniest books and he reminds me of my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.