Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

29 October 2011

Shelf Candy #8


Shelf Candy Saturday is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies at Five Alarm Book Reviews.  In it, we do the unthinkable---judge a book by its cover!

I chose my book this week, The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff, because the cover reminded me of something....

and here is what it reminded me of....
ok....so I couldn't find the exact picture I wanted, but in the movie, there is a shot of Baby Pubert's crib and it has knives and stuff hanging like a mobile over it. 

I haven't read The Replacement, but I don't think it has anything to do with The Addams Family.  I just thought it was interesting.

The cover of The Replacement was designed by Natalie Sousa and photographed by Jonathan Barkat.  Art direction on The Addams Family Values was by William J. Durrell, Jr.

3 comments:

  1. That cover is creepy! The UK one is totally different (and comparitively naff) as it just has a guy standing there. I love the Addams Family comparison!

    My first ever Shelf Candy is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool to add a comparison. I haven't read the replacements, but is on my TBR. Great choice for a Halloween Shelf Candy. I would suspect that this isn't your ordinary baby if I were just looking at the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely kinda creepy! I remember that in the movie! Happy Halloween!
    -Heather@BookStacksOnDeck

    ReplyDelete

Gold stars given to good comments.