Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

16 October 2011

In My Mailbox 33: Octoberfest of Books


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi, The Story Siren, in which bloggers post about whatever books (or bookish things) they got their hands on that week (either bought, gifted, borrowed or were actually found in your mailbox).

Last weekend when we went to visit my in-laws, we went to their church's Octoberfest (yes, beer at the church!), and they had a tent of books for sale.  So, I bought:
* a really old and beat up copy of How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
*Dive!  A Book of Deep Sea Creatures by Melvin Berger
*Down on the Funny Farm by P.E. King
*George Washington: Our First President by Garnet Jackson
*an old copy of The Travels of Babar by Jean de Brunhoff
*Pirateology

Its also Green Valley Book Fair time again, so I picked up:
*Ickstory:  Unraveling the History of Mummies Around the World by Sylvia Branzei
*Ickstory: The History of Vampires and Other Real Blood Drinkers by Sylvia Branzei
*Half Upon a Tale by James Riley
*Alvin Ho by Lenore Look

I was also sent an advance reader's copy (ARC) of
*The Vase with the Many Coloured Marbles by Jacob Singer

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reads this week - enjoy them!

    Happy Reading!

    Crys
    Wannabe Librarian's IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the classic children's books! Hope you enjoy all the books you got in this week :)

    You can see my IMM for this week at the link below :) Happy reading!

    ~Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab set! Ickstory sounds really funny. How the Grinch Stole Christmas is always a classic.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

Gold stars given to good comments.