Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

14 October 2011

Friday Night Mental Movie: The Name of the Star


Friday Night Mental Movies is a weekly meme (posting) hosted by yours truly in which I ask you to make your dream casting for a book you are currently reading (or have recently finished).  I try to cast mine with the people that I envision as I read the book.  If you'd like to join, grab the pic, make a post and link up! 

This week, my Friday Night Mental Movie is a casting of the major parts in Maureen Johnson's The Name of the Star.

Since its your dream movie (or the people you see in your head as your reading), it doesn't have to be current actors....last week I kept seeing (hearing) Audrey Hepburn (in her role as Eliza Doolittle) as one of the characters...just whoever you envision as you are reading.  I also don't always envision a British actor, I might see an American actor in my mind (who I believe can fake a great British accent)
As Rory, Shelley Hennig
As Jerome, Charlie Carrick
As Jazza, Evanna Lynch (I love her calm voice!)
As Charlotte, Molly Quinn
As Alistair, John Cusack (circa Say Anything)

As Collum, Abdul Salis (from Love Actually)
As Boo, Parminder Nagra (Jess in Bend it Like Beckham)

As Stephen, Sean Biggerstaff

As the house mother, Claudia, Melissa McCarthy (hey, in my mind, she does a killer British accent)

*I'm not going to cast "The Ripper" as its kind of a surprise and I don't want to ruin it for you.*

If you haven't watched it yet, here is the book trailer.

Who did you cast in your mental movie? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to just focus on your casting of Evanna Lynch for Jazza and go YES. I can see her doing it, definitely!

    ReplyDelete

Gold stars given to good comments.