Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

02 October 2011

Cybils: Its nominating time!

(in my head, I said that title like The Thing from Fantastic Four, when he says, "Its clobberin' time!"  I know, I know...)

From now until October 15th, use this form to nominate your favorite books that were published this year (or rather, from October 16th of last year to October 15th of this year).  For more eligibility requirements, click here.

The categories include:  book app, easy reader/early chapter books, fantasy and science fiction, fiction picture books, graphic novels, middle grade fiction, non-fiction picture books, non-fiction: middle grade and young adult, poetry, and young adult fiction.  

And (here's my favorite part of this post), here are the list of Easy-Readers / Early Chapter Books that have already been nominated:
Easy Readers:
Dixie (I can read book 1) by Grace Gilman
Dodsworth in Rome by Tim Egan
Fly Guy #10:  Fly Guy vs. the Flyswatter!  by Tedd Arnold
I Broke My Trunk! (an Elephant and Piggie book) by Mo Willems
Max Spaniel: Best in Show by David Catrow
Pony Scouts: Back in the Saddle (I can read 2) by Catherine Hapka
Should I Share My Ice Cream? (an Elephant and Piggie book) by Mo Willems

Early Chapter Books:
Frankie Pickle and the Mathematical Menace by Eric Wight
Invisible Inkling by Emily Jenkins
Like Pickle Juice on a Cookie by Julie Sternberg
Marty McGuire by Kate Messner
Marvin Monster's Monsterific Adventures by Tabatha Jean d'Agata
No Room for Dessert by Hallie Durand
No. 1 Car Spotter by Atinuke Atinuke
Sally's Bones by MacKenzie Cadenhead
The One and Only Stuey Lewis: Stories from the Second Grade by Jane Schoenberg

So how this works (to my understanding) is:  people have until October 15th to nominate books.  A book can only be nominated once (so check to make sure before you nominate).  After October 15th, the first round judges take over (and I sit back).  The first-rounders read all the books that were nominated and make a short list of like 5-10 books they want to nominate (all this by January 1st).  Once January 1st rolls around, I shake off the cobwebs and read all the books that the first-round judges nominate by mid-February.  During that time, my fellow second round judges and I will discuss and determine which one we think is the best book of the year.  Sounds good, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.