Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

28 September 2011

Dinorella

Dinorella: A Prehistoric Fairy Tale by Pamela Duncan Edwards, illustrated by Henry Cole, is one of my go-to classroom books.  You can use it in your fairy tales unit, you can compare it to the "real" Cinderella, you can use it to use it as part of your alliteration lesson, or you can use it like I did this past week, to help teach context clues.

Here is the summary from Goodreads:
In this story, loosely based on that of Cinderella but featuring dinosaurs, the Duke falls in love with Dinorella when she rescues him from the dreaded deinonychus at the Dinosaur Dance.

I really enjoy this book.  The illustrations are fun, and the story is engaging.  The vocabulary that Edwards uses isn't usually words my students know (hurl, devour, sniggered, etc) which makes teaching context clues very easy!  Plus, how can you not love a dinosaur with a fairydactyl?  Every year, my students really enjoy reading this book.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.