Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

15 September 2011

BBAW 4: Bloggers and Reading

Today's topic is: Book bloggers blog because we love reading. Has book blogging changed the way you read? Have you discovered books you never would have apart from book blogging? How has book blogging affected your book acquisition habits? Have you made new connections with other readers because of book blogging? Choose any one of these topics and share your thoughts today!

Great topic today...I'm going to try to answer all the questions!  Lets see....book blogging has definitely changed the way I read.  I'm more critical of what I read, but I (hope) not in a bad way.  I read with an eye for a good book, one that either I can connect to or connect a student to.  Just because its "popular" doesn't mean its that great, I want to make sure its the best book for me (or one of my kiddos). 

I have discovered so many new books thanks to blogging (and twitter!).  I follow a couple blogs who have tastes similar to mine (especially Kristina from Ladybug Storytime) and love to see what they're reading and what they think---because, for the most part, we would probably feel the same.

Blogging has definitely changed my acquisition habits, and my credit card and husband would agree!  There are so many books on my "want" list right now, I have to curb my spending! 

I love all the connections I've made through blogging!  Especially the followers that also follow me on twitter, and converse with me regularly (again, Kristina and Jackie from Sated Faery)  Its hard to explain to people who aren't on twitter, but even though we've never met in person, I feel like I could carry on a great conversation with these girls if we were to ever meet. 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy all the people I have met through blogging. It's pretty much the best part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have become more critical, better trusting my own judgement when I start a book and decide for myself, irrespective of hype, whether I think it's worth continuing to read.

    ReplyDelete

Gold stars given to good comments.