Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

14 February 2011

Two that I read

I tried to read two books this past weekend, "All I Needed to Know About Being A Girl I Learned from Judy Blume" edited by Jennifer O'Connell and "Only the Good Spy Young" by Ally Carter.

Here are the synopsis from Goodreads for each:

Only the Good Spy Young
When Cammie Morgan enrolled at the Gallagher Academy, she knew she was preparing for the dangerous life of a spy. What she didn’t know was that the serious, real-life danger would start during her junior year of high school. But that’s exactly what happened two months ago when Cammie faced off against an ancient terrorist organization dead set on kidnapping her.Now the danger follows her everywhere, and even Cammie “The Chameleon” can’t hide. When a terrifying encounter in London reveals that one of her most-trusted allies is actually a rogue double-agent, Cammie no longer knows if she can trust her classmates, her teachers—or even her own heart.
In this fourth installment of the New York Times best-selling series, the Gallagher Girls must hack, spy, steal, and lie their way to the truth.as they go searching for answers, recognizing that the key to Cammie’s future may lie deep in the past.

 All I Needed to Know About Being A Girl I Learned from Judy Blume
For millions of American girls growing up, Judy Blume's awkward, self-conscious characters became surrogates, allies, and comforters in their silent struggles. The 24 essays of Everything I Needed to Know about Being a Girl I Learned from Judy Blume honor an unconventional mentor who has entertained readers even as she teaches them. The topics touched here are as wide and deep as Blume's fiction: divorce, bullying, peer pressure, menstruation, weight issues, sibling rivalry, and racism. The contributors include Meg Cabot, Beth Kendrick, Julie Kenner, and Cara Lockwood

I tried to read both, but I couldn't get in to either.  I think what my problem with Only the Good Spy Young was that it was book 4 in a series, and I just didn't have any background with it.  With "Judy Blume", I think I had an idea that all the stories were going to be hilarious, and when they weren't, I just couldn't get into it. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.