Follow me on Pinterest

Followers

26 February 2011

In My Mailbox #4

I had hoped to have our webcam up and running to do a video IMM, but alas, it still hasn't gotten here yet.  Or, maybe its your lucky day that I don't have it yet!

Anyway, In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by The Story Siren.
The one book that I purchased this week was the second book in the Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place series by Maryrose Wood called The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: Book II: The Hidden Gallery.
It came out on Tuesday, and luckily enough for me, Tuesday we had ice, so I didn't have school!  I was able to go to Barnes and Noble that day to pick it up.  And thank goodness I did, I snagged the ONLY copy they had.

My next set of books came to me at my school.  Last week, I had tweeted that I picked up a copy of Hate that Cat by Sharon Creech (@ciaobellacreech) and just loved it.  AND SHE TWEETED ME BACK, YA'LL!  (*insert fangirl scream here*)  In response, I tweeted how much my students loved her books, and she offered to send me a box of her books, signed!  (*insert HUGE fangirl scream here*).

She sent:
*The Unfinished Angel
*Ruby Holler
*Replay

I can't say "thank you" enough for these books.  Sharon Creech is an amazing author and person.  I really thought some of my fifth graders were going to cry, they were so excited.  And, as you can see, my dog, Skipper, loves Sharon Creech (and The Unfinished Angel), too.
Don't forget, on Twitter, you can follow:
Sharon Creech---@ciaobellacreech
MaryRose Wood---@maryrose_wood
Kristi, the Story Siren---@thestorysiren
Me---@maestra_amanda

And----if you haven't entered already, enter to win a copy of Across the Universe by Beth Revis.  I apologize in advance for the form being wonky, I have no clue when it comes to HTML, so I don't know how to resize it to fit.  I'm sorry.

Until next week...happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold stars given to good comments.